Feeding time for a growing puppy is very important not only for them but for you as well. Listed below are a couple tips on the differences and advantages to free feeding and meal feeding.
- Meal feeding is a good idea for many reasons, one being healthy appetite and diet. Many times, if a puppy is exposed to a full bowl of food all day every day, they will tend to eat at any time, even if they are not hungry at that particular time.
- Beabull Puppies love food and love to gain energy from fueling up. Meal feeding ensures that they will be set into a routine of eating twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. Doing this will curve their behavior and teach them that certain times of the day are for certain activities and necessities.
- Meal feeding can also help with behavior issues as well. If a puppy is given a schedule to eat, they will get into the habit of listening and focusing on you and your actions throughout the day. They will also know what to expect next and how to behave throughout the day.
- Other than meal feeding, you can also choose to free feed. Free feeding is having food available to your Beabull puppy all day. This can be a good thing to do if you have a busy schedule or aren’t home for hours throughout the day. Free feeding can teach your puppy to ration food and it can keep them settled throughout the day knowing they are being fed and kept happy.
- Free feeding may be a disadvantage if your puppy’s breed is prone to weight issues, diabetes, heart problems or other medical problems.
- There are advantages and disadvantages to both methods of feeding and you will be able to know what is best for your lifestyle and for your Beabull puppy’s personality. The healthier of the two options is meal feeding. Not only for dietary reasons but for behavioral reasons as well. Following what is best for your puppy is very important, so keeping these advantages in mind well help lead you to the right decision.
Free Feeding Vs. Meal Feeding